Happy days! Nicola Sturgeon has lifted the 5 mile travel restriction so we can now run our beaver tours and other wildlife walks but, at the moment, for single groups (ie from one household or bubble). Unfortunately we can’t yet run the Beaver Kayak Safaris and are still unsure when they will start, but you can transfer your voucher/ booking to a Private Beaver Safari if you are really keen to see the beavers this summer.
We have undergone the Good to Go audit about our changes to make sure we are adhering to guidance to keep everyone safe, and received accreditation. Our changes were set out in a previous blog and are:
- Where we use a vehicle to get to the site, we will ask clients to take their own vehicle & we will use a separate vehicle;
- We ask clients to bring their own binoculars if they have them, along with something warm to sit on;
- On the walk & when sitting by the riverside we will sit a safe distance apart (currently 2m);
- We will have anti-bacterial hand-gel available for use before and after the event;
- We won’t share food or drink as we would normally, but to ensure you get your wee dram of whisky to celebrate the return of the beavers at the end of your trip, please bring your own glass/ cup/ quaich.
If you’d like to see what people thought of our trips, please see our Trip Advisor account (link at the top of the page) – the majority of the reviews are 5*! Your tour will be led either by me (Daniele), or in busy periods or holidays by one of the other experienced Rangers – probably Alistair (still awaiting his photo for the website but he’s young & handsome!).
We look forward to seeing you soon. Daniele
Beaver photo by the wonderful Craig Cantwell Photography.